There were an amazing 495 food growing conversations recorded by North London volunteers during June, July and August.
Despite the poor weather cancelling some events, Garden Organic’s enthusiastic Master Gardeners gave food growing advice and support for at least 25 community events across Islington, Haringey, Camden and Hackney.
We are grateful for all their time and energy.
In fact, since April 2010, there have been 8,629 food growing conversations! And 132 local events. Every moment counts towards people and communities growing their own food.
Some of the community events attended by Master Gardeners during June, July and August.
· Islington MIND Spa
· Tufnell Park Food Market
· Quaker Garden work days, Old Street
· Patient groups at St John’s Way Medical Centre, Islington
· Queen’s Wood Highgate open days
· Cordwainers Garden work days
· Blackstock Triangle Gardeners ‘Grow your Own’
· Chelsea Fringe – de Beauvoir Gardeners
· Living under One Sun Festival, Haringey
· Mint festival, Islington
· Chapel Street Fair, Westminster
· Centre 404 open day, Islington
· Food from the Sky open day, Haringey